Smart lighting control
THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF LIGHT IN THE RIGHT PLACE RIGHT ON TIME
With the help of lighting control, we customize the lighting so that it suits the area and the user. In practice, lighting control means that the lights switch on and off according to usage. Apart from that, the lighting color and brightness can be adjusted. A well implemented lighting control is energy efficient as the lights switch on only when it is needed. The lighting control also increases well-being and safety at work as it can be adjusted according to usage and user.
The lighting can be controlled either by wire or wirelessly. The control can be implemented, for example, with daylight or motion sensors, which means that the lighting is dependent on daylight or motion. One way to control the lighting, is by using the DALI/KNX protocol. With the help of that, different lighting areas for different usage can be created. For lighting control in large areas or several areas, lighting control systems can be used to control the lighting from the desktop, tablet or mobile phone.
LIGHTiNG CONTROL TYPES
- Motion sensor. The lighting is activated by motion and the light amount depends on demand.
- Daylight sensor. The lighting is adjusted according to daylight, which makes the usage of daylight optimal.
- Time control. The lighting can be programmed according to desired time span.
- Usage-based control. The lighting, for example brightness, is defined in accordance with each user’s individual needs.
LIGHTING CONTROL ADVANTAGES
- Cost savings due to energy efficiency. With lighting control, the lights are switched on only when they are needed, and no extra energy is wasted.
- User-friendliness. Smart lighting control enables an automatic and human centric lighting.
- The life cycle of the lights is extended. The lighting control extends the life cycle of the lights.
- Energy consumption information. The lighting control system gives you information about your energy consumption.
- Easy maintenance. You receive a notification when a light needs service. With the visual control system, you receive information about where the defect light is located.